Valerian root is a very old herb. How old? Hippocrates recommended it for digestive problems. Dioscorides, a Greek physician, recommended it for insomnia and epilepsy. It looks old. It even smells old… like old socks to be exact. But this is one great herb.
- It supports nerve health and function
- It helps improve quality of sleep
- It aids the body in raising serotonin levels
- It helps relax muscles and muscle spasms
- It assists the rehabilitation of many addicts
Yes, it’s been around for centuries, and smells like it too, but try it! In capsules, tinctures, even tea, you will see why it has surpassed the smell test of the ages.