It’s yellow, like the sun. It’s tropical. It’s fruity. It could taste like a warm breeze on the beach. But while you savor its nectar, consider these wonderful attributes:
- Pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain. It assists the body in improving digestion, especially proteins. It can also help in dealing with heartburn or an upset stomach.
- Bromelain has anti-inflammatory properties:
- Eating pineapple can help the body in dealing with symptoms associated with arthritis.
- It is helpful for those dealing with gout.
- Midwives recommend pineapple for moms dealing with after-birth pains.
- It is also good for those dealing with swelling post-surgery. Basically, when there’s inflammation in the body, try eating pineapple.
- Pineapple is naturally high in vitamin C, which means boosting the immune system.
- Pineapple is also an excellent source for manganese, which aids in the formation of connective tissue and improving nerve function.
- And last but not least, pineapple helps fight coughs and diminish mucus build-up in the lungs – so add some pineapple juice to your favorite homemade natural herbal cough syrup. Studies show that pineapple is five times more effective than regular cough syrup.
So, go ahead, brighten up your day and your body – eat pineapple.