Xylitol

Xylitol2019-02-26T22:40:41+00:00

Home Forums Urban Herbalist Chat Xylitol

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Has anyone used Xylitol for baking? What are your favorite ways to use Xylitol?

Marcelina VanMerkesteyn
    Participant

I haven’t used xylitol for baking because it’s expensive. Do you have any receipes? I use it in my tea, coffe, and sprinkle some in my kiddos cereal.

Melora Deaux
    Participant

I understand that xylitol can actually be used in equal quantities to sugar. If your recipe calls for 1/2 cup of sugar, you can replace it with 1/2 cup xylitol. I will say though, while it sweetens like sugar, it also has a different flavor on the tongue and effect in the body. To me, xylitol is a little bit minty, and it can be cleansing. I’m not sure if the cleansing effect diminishes after baking or not, but it’s worth a try. 😀

Kimberly Medlin
    Participant

Yes, I cook with it. None of us notice the difference. Speaking of Xylitol….I can’t find an old recipe for making mouth rinse. It came from another class I took from Angela. I hope someone can post it for me. Thank you.

Trish Francis
    Participant

I’ve only used Xylitol when making a toothpowder/paste and I like it in that.
    A word of caution be sure your animals, especially dogs, do not ingest any Xylitol – it is deadly to them even in small amounts.

Kimberly Renel
    Participant

Wow good to know. I wasn’t aware animals could not handle Xylitol. Thank you

Christopher Stalnaker
    Participant

hi Rach3it I have used Xylitol for many different products. What baked products are you considering using it for?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.