We’d like to plant an idea in your psyche: Flower Essences. Bach Flower Essences were developed in the early 1900’s by British physician, Dr. Edward Bach, who was inspired by the homeopathic tradition.
The Bach Flower Remedies can gently restore the balance between mind and body by assisting the body in dealing with negative emotions, such as, fear, worry, hatred and indecision & assist in allowing peace and happiness to return to the sufferer so that the body is free to heal itself.
A famous combination developed by Dr. Bach is called RESCUE REMEDY. Here are the properties:
- In Emergency – calms mental levels of pain, suffering & confusion.
- In Trauma – promotes recovery from injury or illness by relieving stress, anxiety & tension.
- In Children – calms after basic falls, accidents, scrapes, burns.
- In Animals – helps in stressful situations.
- Pre-Trauma – Use before stressful situations such as doctor visits, surgery, labor/delivery, travel or moving.
- Post-Trauma-Use for stress: loss of loved one, war or divorce.
It can be taken directly under the tongue, a drop applied to pulse points, diluted in a spoonful of water, or several drops in a glass of water & sipped slowly, sprayed on the lips of an unconscious person, or rubbed on the head or soles of feet.
You can make it by combining 5 Bach flower essences:
- Cherry Plum
- Rock Rose
- Star of Bethlehem
To make a Stock concentrate or “Mother Bottle” add:
- 10 squirts of each to a 4 oz. bottle.
- Fill the rest with purified water.
To make the Formula, add:
- 3 squirts “Mother” to a 2 oz. bottle
- Fill ½ bottle with pure alcohol & ½ with water.
So even if you’re a gardener in your own mind, feel the power of Flowers with this gentle & effective wellness medium.