This thistle-like herb inspired Velcro. It grows along roadsides. It was used in various ways by Native Americans and is consistently used in Japan. It’s Burdock, and it’s an herb you don’t want to overlook.
- Burdock is high in nutrients including Vitamin A, many of the B vitamins, as well as trace minerals. It is considered a good source for iron.
- For centuries it has been used as a blood purifier and a diuretic, helping the body rid itself of toxins.
- It assists the body in clearing up skin problems, taken both internally or applied externally.
- Burdock helps the body in reducing lymphatic congestion and promotes perspiration.
- It is found in Rene Caisse’s herbal recipe that she received from an Ojibwa Medicine Man in 1922. This is known as Essiac Tea, has been used for years since, and is very nourishing to the body.
- It is also found in other cleansing formulas that help the body detoxify and rebuild. Burdock is a good herb on its own, but also works synergistically with other herbs.
- It is nourishing to pregnant women; helping the body in maintaining healthy iron levels as well as nourishing to the liver.
Do more research on this herb! You will be amazed at its benefits.